Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Backstage at the Fern Hill Christmas Show


Here's the keyboard setup I used earlier this evening while playing for the Fern Hill School Christmas Show at the Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts. Yes, that's a triangle on the left side, and this was my debut doubling on that noble instrument. Shown faintly on the iPad is the running order of the show - there was only one program on stage left so I took a shot of it with my iPad's camera.

Also in the band were Lord Bubba on bass guitar, Jeremy Kelly on guitar, and Riley O'Connor on drums. I don't get a chance to play much rock or jazz these days, so it was a great pleasure to work with these guys, and it's a great experience for the kids at Fern Hill to work with a professional band, all under the guidance of musical directors Amanda Nelli and Chris Cigolea.


No comments:

Post a Comment