Tapestry New Opera Works has just offered Collaborative Piano Blog readers 3 groups of two tickets (6 in all) for its upcoming production of The Shadow to be presented at the Berkeley Street Theatre, Downstairs in Toronto May 21-30.
One pair of tickets will be for the 8pm performance on Saturday, May 23rd. The other two pairs will be for the performance of Sunday, May 24 at 4pm.
As before, there will be a contest. Here are the details:
Competition Rules and Regulations
1. Answer the following question in 140 characters or less (NB: 140 characters, not words):
Why contemporary opera?Be inventive, clever, erudite, witty, or enigmatc. Just be aware you have only 140 characters in which to answer the question.
2. Once you've written your short but succinct answer, you have to do two things:
a) Email it to me at collaborativepiano [at] gmail dot com - this is so I can reach the authors of the winning entries.
b) Leave it as a comment on this posting so readers can follow the contest entries as they appear.
3. The deadline for entries is Wednesday, May 20 at 12pm Eastern Daylight Time. After that I'll go over all the entries, choose the winners, announce them that evening in a separate post, and forward the winners' names and email addresses to Tapestry New Opera Works so they can be contacted by a Tapestry staff member about how to pick up their free tickets for the 23rd and 24th.
4. Note to Twitter users: if you're entering the competition and you want to rebroadcast your entry on Twitter, be sure to add the #newopera hashtag following your entry (which means that you'll only have 130 characters to explain why contemporary opera rocks).
5. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can either comment anonymously or invent a nom de plume for your comment. Just be sure to send me your real email address when you submit your entry to my email address (see 2a).
Ladies and gentleman, put your thinking caps on, and I look forward to seeing short but definitive answers to the question "Why contemporary opera?".
I would also like to thank Tapestry New Opera Works for making these tickets available for what promises to be one of the most memorable productions of Toronto's 08-09 season.