FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Please be advised that it has come to our attention that the present
rules and regulations surrounding public gatherings in Vancouver
have developed extremely stringent requirements with regard to
public gatherings which include permit applications to the City with
a minimum of 14 days to process. In addition, the current
regulations demand host individuals or organizations acquire
insurance to cover possible litigation arising from the gathering.
Under these restrictions it is impossible to host a spontaneous
protest on current or pressing matters.
With the above in mind, the Protest of the elimination of the CBC
Orchestra has been changed in the following manner:
1) It will not be an organized protest.
2) Anyone arriving should be aware that their participation is on an
individual basis and is not being requested by any individual or
3) We will be not be meeting at the CBC building.
4) We will going to the fountain at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre on
Hamilton Street in Vancouver for a rest at 10 am, and a picnic lunch.
5) It would be nice if you happened to be there
6) We may happen to be carrying a sign that day which expresses our
If you're attending and would like to publicize photos of the event, please send to me at collaborativepiano [at] gmail dot com (I would be glad to post them with full image credit given to whoever took them) or post them to Flickr and inform me of your photostream's url.