Saturday, October 13, 2007

Naturally7 in the Paris Metro

I was going to write an article today on developing a sense of spontaneity in one's playing, but after seeing this astonishing video of Naturally7 singing and beatboxing In The Air Tonight in the Paris Metro, I rest my case. Let's hear it for the visceral power of music-making that brought us to this field in the first place and the wonder of hearing music in new places and situations not usually associated with artistic creation.



Next: More Practice Links

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:52 PM

    I wish I had been on that train! Generally I get to hear tired-out versions of Brahms Rhapsodies and such like on the accordeon ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps they might want to liven up the Lakeshore West Go train route one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is wrong with our "culture" when stuff like this brings tears to the eyes... I mean, I spend hours every day in music, but I'm starving for it - the divide between music and community is heart-breaking.

    ReplyDelete