1. Bibliography (M200), 4 unitsIn addition, reading knowledge of one non-English language is required (either French, German, Italian, or Spanish), as well as a comprehensive examination.
2. Analysis (M201A & B), 8 units
3. Graduate Performance (M211), max. 24 units (Note: taken every quarter in residence)
4. Seminar (selected from M220, M230, M235), 4 units
5. Diction (M158A–B–C), 6 units (Note: this requirement is waived for students who demonstrate competence in this area by passing a diagnostic exam, in which case these 6 units are taken as electives.)
6. Song Literature (M156A–B–[C]), 6 units
7. Chamber Ensembles (M176), 6 units
8. Graduate Recitals (M211R), 0 units (NB: one instrumental and one vocal recital)
More useful links:
General graduate program information
For more detailed information, contact the Department of Music at UC Irvine.
The complete list: Degree and Diploma Programs in Collaborative Piano