Thursday, August 07, 2008

Lang Lang Will Play at the Olympic Opening Ceremony

At tomorrow's opening ceremonies for the Olympic Games, celebrated pianist Lang Lang will be among the lineup of performers, performing "Horse Race" with his father Lang Guoping on Erhu. Lang Lang's quote in the official Olympic press release:

We have played 'Horse Race' some times, in White House for example. Every time I play it, I myself will be moved. It combines eastern and western elements. And that's why we play it at the opening ceremony. In this grand event, our music will spread through all over the world...I hope I can do something for the intellectually disabled.

Indeed, one couldn't possibly hope for a bigger audience than the Olympic opening ceremonies, which starts Friday morning at 7am EDT. CBC.ca is one of the places where you can watch the ceremonies online.

Here's Lang Lang playing his trademark red Steinway in China (possibly the Yellow River Concerto, according to a comment on the YouTube page) for an Olympic Games Countdown concert in Beijing:

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:58 PM

    And now he's coming to Canada! Playing in Vancouver on Oct 30. http://vanrecital.com/events/concert_template.cfm?concertid=253

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could be there...I'll mention the concert as the season gets underway.

    ReplyDelete