- Play a lot of gigs around town and you'll notice many of them falling into categories found in Skellie's 20 Types of Freelance Work Identified and Explained.
- If you're feeling the effects of the current economic downturn, you're not alone. Sarah Luebke on the Music Teacher's Helper Blog looks at Economic Woes Posing Challenges to Private Music Teachers.
- Ever notice that Waltz of the Flowers gives one a hankering for a Riesling? A recent BBC article looks at current research that correlates musical selection with wine taste (via Boing Boing).
- Ann-Carolyn Bird shares her list of current and projected operatic roles. All voices are works in progress--Ann-Carolyn's list shows both intelligence and foresight in her choice of roles that she can readily sing in her busy career, but with plenty of room for future vocal growth.
- Need to double your musical output as a performer? Ben Clapton has a great list of 7 Tips on Becoming a Prolific Musician.
- Finally, Kate Boyd examines the words most dreaded by those who frequent the piano in recital season: "Assisted by..."
Friday, May 16, 2008
Here are some interesting finds from around the blogosphere: