- the introduction of Preparatory A and B into Canada (already available in US)
- preparation for the tough level changes that occur between Grades 4-5 and 7-8
- different major/minor relationships throughout the grades
- staccato scales introduced
- earlier introduction of hands together forms
- different listings of scales at the 3rd and 6th in later grades, as well as the introduction of scales at the 10th.
Saturday, August 04, 2007
RCM Examinations (which operates in the US as the National Music Cerficate Program) is currently overhauling their entire piano curriculum for the 2008-09 season. Some of the changes have recently been announced, including new technical requirements for all grades, which include: