|Image by Carlos Andres Rivera|
- If you're a music director, great rehearsals don't just happen, they are planned. Geraldine Boyer-Cussac discusses 5 steps to plan music rehearsals, which is required reading for anyone wishing to make the rehearsal process flow more efficiently.
- Playing a recital with someone out of town? Kennith Freeman looks at Long Distance Recitals and how to plan them when eventual rehearsal time will be at a premium.
- Laura Lowe has authored a very useful primer on how to be a choral accompanist. Part I looks at learning the voice parts, Part II discusses the process of preparing the accompaniment, and Part III tackles the art of playing a choral rehearsal.
- Do you really need someone else to tell you if you're playing too loud or not? Gretchen Saathoff's list of tools on how to balance the piano with other performers should help you discover that sweet spot for volume all by yourself, thank you very much.
- So just what type of collaborative pianist are you? Billie Whittaker has created a hilarious infographic on the many roles of collaborative pianists.