- Michael Hitzik writes in the LA Times about Glenn Gould's foresight about the role of technology in music.
- If the performing scene is slow in the real world, there's always Second Life.
- Wondering how a Steinway is made? Check out the online factory tour on their website.
- Bean-Counter Concerto, from Wiley Miller's Non Sequitur cartoon.
- Caroline Davies' Comeback for pianist who beat Tourette's in the Observer looks at Nick van Bloss's journey with the condition in his return to the concert hall.
- The stampede of people in the arts onto Twitter has continued unabated this month. If you're new to the platform , have a look at Brenda Young's Beginner's Guide to Twitter.
- Zinc Research and Nick Coulter have some interesting commentary on Billy Bob Thornton's now-legendary botched interview with Jian Ghomeshi on Q (watch the original interview here).
Monday, April 13, 2009
Here are some articles of interest I've mentioned on Twitter in the last few days: