- Need to wear jewellery that establishes that you are of the piano tribe? Jay Jackson Designs has an extensive line of earrings, pins, and other items made from recycled piano keys. (Via Keetsa and Piano Teacher's Retreat)
- Rehearsal pianists--are you in a situation where you are getting bullied? Slow Leadership has an article about Whose Job Is It To Stop Bullies at Work. What I've also noticed recently is that several pianists are taking matters into their own hands and outing abusive colleagues and conductors on the People for the Ethical Treatment of Pianists Facebook group. The playing field is about to become a little bit more level out there....
- Want some quick practice advice? This photo may help you...
- Want to put your gigs online? Andrew Dubber of New Music Strategies tells you how.
- Tired of doing someone else's projects? Steven Snell of Freelance Switch writes about 7 Reasons Why You Should Pursue Your Own Projects.
- Finally, Jennifer Cluff points us towards a monumental series of YouTube videos that feature Daniel Barenboim's Beethoven master classes in Chicago. Here's the first one in the series:
Monday, September 01, 2008
Here is the third and final installment of recent articles and stuff from around the web that I've found both interesting and relevant: