Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Wendy Hatala Foley and I Will Be Performing This Saturday at the Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts



When Wendy and I lived in Vancouver, we performed together all the time. Astonishingly, since we moved to the Toronto area in 2002, we have never yet shared the stage for a concert. Wendy quickly got work in the opera, symphony, and described video fields, while I've been mostly busy with the worlds of contemporary opera and piano pedagogy.

Each year, the Oakville Symphony holds several outreach events to introduce younger audiences to the instruments and voices that they will hear throughout the symphony's season. On Saturday, March 28, Wendy and I will be performing two free concerts at the Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts. If you're interested in hearing our varied program of opera, musical theatre, and art song selections, call (905) 844-6920 or send an email to osochildrenprogram [at] gmail dot com to reserve your seats. From what I hear there will only be seating for around 100, so reserve your seats as soon as possible. This will be the first time that Wendy and I have performed together in many years!


No comments:

Post a Comment