How would you like to see baritone Jesse Blumberg and pianist Martin Katz perform Franz Schubert's Die schöne Müllerin on March 29th in Chicago? How would you like to see them perform Winterreise only two days later? This is the goal of a Kickstarter project brought to you by the brains and brawn behind the Collaborative Arts Institute of Chicago (covered here previously).
Katz and Blumberg's appearance will also consist of a master class and coachings for students enrolled at the CAIC. The funding objective for CAIC's Kickstarter project is to cover artist fees, accomodations, and production costs. Using Kickstarter is a brilliant and innovative way to raise money for an arts project, and for those who are able to contribute $5k or more, here's what's in store for you:
- acknowledgement in the CAIC festival program
- a poster signed by the artists
- commemorative festival mug
- two tickets to both concerts
- invitation to a VIP-only reception
- a private in-house art song concert featuring Nicholas Phan, Shannon McGinnis, and Nicholas Hutchinson for up to 20 (!!!)
Best of luck to the Collaborative Arts Institute of Chicago in the pursuit of their funding goal. In case you're interested in donating to this project, you only have 12 days left as of today...