...to enhance singers’ study of diction by hearing the text of songs and arias spoken by native speakers, to give a broad range of opinions from native speakers on their own language, and to give singers practical tools for practicing and learning foreign languages.A noble cause indeed. Here are DP's podcasts to date:
- Episode 1: Heidenröslein and Der Gärtner with Nadja Mchantaf and Hans Sotin.
- Episode 2: Italian art songs and a discussion with Fabio Centanni.
- Episode 3: three Zauberflöte arias and a discussion of [ä], [r], and the German schwa.
- Episode 4: Gretchen am Spinnrade with Netta Or, Die Post with Markus Marquardt, and a discussion with Hans Sotin.
- Episode 5: Nathalie de Montmollin on Fauré and an interview with Philip Shepard
- Episode 6: Offenbach and Schumann with Stephanie Atanasov and Markus Marquardt, and diphthongs with Markus Henn.