But with a service that offers such depth of management tools, the most common questions I get about MTH are what it is and what it does.
To put it simply, Music Teacher's Helper is a web-based computer service that integrates studio scheduling, communications, marketing, invoicing, and income/expense tracking under one roof. Here are some of the features that are available through MTH:
- the ability to build and customize your own website with both public and login-only areas (using SSL encryption to protect your student's data)
- integration with your email client so you can easily communicate with individual students/parents, groups, and the studio as a whole
- online registration (still the holy grail of registration features that most schools of music and studios lack)
- online scheduling with the ability to sync with Google Calendar
- student invoicing, both manual and automated (with multiple payment options including credit cards via PayPal)
- income/expense tracking
- student progress tools, including lesson notes, download capability, a practice log, and lending library
These two videos give an excellent introduction to the service:
If you have any more questions about Music Teachers's Helper or wish to share your experiences using it, feel free to leave a comment below.