OA's production of Iphigénie en Tauride will feature Peggy Kriha Dye in the title role, as well as Kresimir Spicer as Oreste, and Thomas Macleay as Pylade. Andrew Parrott will lead the Tafelmusik Orchestra playing on period instruments.
To win a pair of free tickets to Iphigénie en Tauride, answer the following questions:
Who is your favorite opera heroine? Why?
There will be two winners: one for the first entry and one for the best entry.
Here's how it works...
Competition Rules and Regulations
1. Answer the question "Who is your favorite opera heroine? Why?"
2. Once you've answered the two questions, you have to do two things:
a) Email it to me at collaborativepiano [at] gmail dot com - this is so I can reach the authors of the winning entries.
b) Leave it as a comment on this posting so readers can follow the contest entries as they appear.
3. As soon as the first entry is received in both my inbox and on the blog comments, I'll announce the first winner and put them in touch with OA so they can receive their free tickets. Whoever wins the prize for first entry will be ineligible for the prize for best entry.
4. The deadline for entries is Thursday, October 22 at 9pm EDT. After that I'll go over all the entries (except for the first), choose the best entry, announce them in a separate post, and forward the winner's name and email address to the Opera Atelier office so they can be contacted by an OA staff member about how to pick up their free tickets.
5. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can either comment anonymously or invent a nom de plume for your comment. Just be sure to send me your real email address when you submit your entry to my email address (see 2a) Be sure to email me your answer before you submit it as a blog comment.
Thanks for following the Collaborative Piano Blog and I look forward to reading your submissions!
Update: Both winners have been announced, and their entries can be read here.