Friday, July 10, 2009

Win a Free CD of Vladimir Horowitz at Carnegie Hall

The moment has arrived, and I have two CDs ready to send out to Collaborative Piano Blog readers. But before I announce the rules and skill-testing question, I would like to thank Sony Music for making these two copies of Vladimir Horowitz At Carnegie Hall-The Private Collection: Mussorgsky & Liszt available to readers of the Collaborative Piano Blog. This is an astonishing recording of Horowitz as you've never heard him and I'm pleased to be able to give away these CDs.

Here we go...

Contest Rules and Regulations

1. In order to win one of two free CDs of Vladimir Horowitz at Carnegie Hall - The Private Collection: Mossorgsky and Liszt, answer the following question correctly:

On what date (month, day, year) did Vladimir Horowitz make his Carnegie Hall debut?

2. Send your answer to me at collaborative piano [at] gmail dot com. The first two people to send me the correct date will each win one of the CDs. As soon as I have two winners, I'll update this post announcing who they are.

3. There is no deadline for the contest, and it will remain open until winners have been chosen.

4. After the winners have been determined, I will send the CDs to their home or work address. Please don't send me your address until you know that you are one of the two winners.

Good luck!

Update 12:21pm:

Joshua W of St. Paul, Minnesota is the first winner! One more to go...

Update 12:32pm:

Anne Lee of Toronto, Ontario is the second and final winner!

This contest is now closed. Thanks to everyone for competing and stay tuned, as Sony has expressed an interest in running this contest again for the 2nd and 3rd CDs in the Horowitz at Carnegie Hall - Private Collection series.

No comments:

Post a Comment