Thursday, April 16, 2009

Guerrilla Dance Performance at Antwerp Central Station

Just look at the expressions on the faces of commuters at Antwerp's Central Station as they watch an impromptu dance performance of Do-Re-Mi from The Sound of Music unfold before their eyes, then evaporate as soon as it's over:



I've always had a soft spot for these unnanounced performances that blur the boundary between ordinary reality and art, and got to participate in one just last month. In Canada, you can also discover more unconventional ways to experience new music with New Music in New Places.

Previously on the Collaborative Piano Blog:

2 comments:

  1. I could not help but smile the entire time I was watching this. I love these things, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! And, as one commenter to the post on YouTube said, "I always knew people spontaneously burst into song and dance in real life......"

    ReplyDelete