- More classical music blogs that have recently come to my attention: Blogging the Opera, Capitol Opera's in-house production blog, Chamber Music Today, following numerous companies and stories across the chamber music world, and Chicken Scratch, the only opera blog currently known to be written by a chicken.
- You're in Washington during the roaring 20's. You need to hire the top accompanist in town. Who do you call? Why, Cecelia O'Dea, of course.
- Drew McManus has just published in the 2008 Orchestra Website Review, with info on which orchestra sites are the most navigable and audience-friendly, as well as the ones that aren't making the grade.
- Tapestry's Inside the New Works Studio has just published photos from its successful run of Opera Briefs 8.
- Its recording season. Which format do you choose for your publicity materials--CD or MP3? New Music Strategies helps you choose.
- Jake Heggie, composer and pianist. See Mark Swed's LA Times review of his recent performance with Frederica Von Stage at Santa Monica College.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Here are some recent links from around the web: