Theatre Ontario is issuing a call for nominations for the 2008 Sandra Tulloch Award for Innovation in the Arts. The Sandra Tulloch Award for Innovation in the Arts is presented annually to an individual or collective who has demonstrated leadership over a long career, and a passionate commitment to deepening the scope and broadening the appearance of the arts in Ontario through innovative and practical approaches.
· Nominations must be made by two individuals;
· Candidates may be working or have worked in any discipline of the arts in Ontario, whether professional or amateur;
· Candidates must have made a significant, demonstrable contribution to the growth and well being of the arts in Ontario;
· Candidates must have demonstrated a selfless and energetic commitment to the above;
· Candidates must have exhibited a deep involvement in the creation and/or dissemination of art in Ontario;
· Collective initiatives are eligible.
When submitting your nomination, please provide specific examples of the above criteria as they relate to your nominee. The deadline is December 17, 2007.
This award is open to arts professionals and collectives who have worked in Ontario and have made significant initiatives there. On the Theatre Ontario site, you can find more information on nomination criteria and download the nomination form.