Monday, December 11, 2006

Wendy to sing in NSO Messiah this weekend

Tomorrow morning (way too early) it's off to the airport for Wendy's flight to St. John's for this weekend's Messiah with the Newfoundland Symphony Orchestra. This is one Messiah I would very much like to see (also featuring Penni Clarke, David Pomeroy, and David Malis and conducted by Marc David), but it's still the busy season here in Toronto, with a few things still to rehearse for.

Some highlights over the last week:

Recording sessions with Ashley Bedard and Stephen Chen for upcoming competitions, a few auditions to play for here and there, my students' holiday studio recital on Saturday afternoon featuring my piano, vocal coaching, collaborative piano, and small ensemble students from the RCM (funny how my own performance nerves pale beside the anxiety I feel when my students are about to perform), and Trish Haldane's 40th birthday recital at the cavernous St. Timothy Anglican. Only three performances left in 2006...

No comments:

Post a Comment