Wednesday, November 08, 2006

On the road in Whitehorse

Yesterday's trip to the Divas reunion in Whitehorse started with a 10am check-in at Pearson International Airport in Toronto. I had fully prepared, or so I thought, for the new regulations regarding toiletries, and had packed everything in my checked luggage except for contact lens solution. Well, upon reaching security they promptly had me throw out my half-empty 349ml bottle of contact lens solution. The security officer's words: "Nothing larger than 100ml bottles" she said, holding up a 250ml bottle. "Not even if I dump out the contents so that only 100ml is left?" "NO." So I complied and chucked the offending and potentially lethal bottle of contact lens solution in the recycle bin next to the security desk and proceeded to my flight.

Our first flight of the day (with Bathroom Divas cast members Tom Diamond, Gary Relyea, Gail Malcolm, and Sergio Restagno with his wife and 3-month-old son) proceeded smoothly except for some turbulence coming to Vancouver.

Vancouver was a balmy 15 degrees Celsius, but Whitehorse when we arrived was slightly colder at -21. Sonja Anderson greeted all of us at the airport, and then we proceeded to our respective billets.

Today is the rehearsal day for all involved in Divas Over the Top, which opens tomorrow at the Yukon Arts Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment